Blog Archive

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Fastrack SunGlasses Photos

You just wanna look good. You just wanna look damn good. Just without too much hassle. So usually, when you have these kind of things in mind, you dream about some hideously overpriced piece of shaped and tinted eyewear. But, with prices through the roof, and your wallet empty enough to hide a koala, you decide you want something a little bit cheaper. But you just don’t want to compromise too much. Isn’t there any damn good-value good-quality brand that doesn’t shoot down your wallet in flames?

Yes there is. And its Fastrack. Over the past, they have come out with awesome quality, stylish eyegear that eye liked very much. Sorry, I liked very much. My eyes were saved from UVWXYZ rays, they looked cool, and most importantly they had the branding.
Another thing is Raybans, Carreras as well as all the other designer shades look darn hot and could put on a show on their own, but cost a bomb. Though, going by the number of bombs merrily exploded everyday, bombs must have become cheap.
More importantly, for a person like me, who looses/breaks shades at warp speeds, this turns out to be damn expensive.
But you don’t want to pick up the hundred-buck-street-specials, because though they look cool from 10 feet away, they secretly want to make you blind, and you look like a cock when your friend’s discover that it’s el-cheapo. They will then proceed to make your life miserable. You will loose self-esteem and be sorry for the rest of your life. So no then, no 100 buck specials either.
So the shades I received from Fastrack are pretty darn good. Quality of the product, the finish, the clarity, the distortion control, the fit. Though Couple of drawbacks. The tint I received on the shades is soo bright & yellow that it makes you feel like you are on Mars the moment you step out of your parking. And as a part of the ‘Biker’s Collection’, they would be as useful as a Swiss army knife. After it’s been crushed by a tank. So no hideous tints then, for the people who actually spend more time outside, doing what they love to do, rather than hanging around at Mocha’s. When we’re in Mocha’s, any tint is fine. Though, I could’ve selected better tints if I had bought em.(I received em as a gift)
Second, I found the frame flexing a bit too much. I ain’t no design genius, but a little metal backbone acting as a skeleton for the frame, surrounded by the translucent plastic could sort out that issue, I suppose.
The cover cum cleaning cloth and case is good and saves the shades when fat ladies sit on it. The pricing is spot on and especially, with the recent discount fit that Fastrack had, they were brilliant VFM.(Value-For-Money, Lamer!). The image is awesome and quality is also spot on.
They spend huge amounts of online advertising, which is the new channel to connect with people of my age. One thing. I like that idea, but I would be really frustrated if they bugged you every 3-4 days, no offence to anyone. I mean, say what you wanna say, you’re here to make money. And I don’t buy a Fastrack every week. So that becomes slightly frustrating and something most people just hate.
What you could do is you could associate with responsible biker groups around the country, who have a clean image and aren’t the Aaj-Tak definition of it. Like ours! That would be cool. Then maybe, we’ll put Fastrack stickers all over our bikes and plug Fastracks everywhere habitually. Even if people ask us about microwaves. Now that you’ve seen my sheer marketing genius, let’s end it here. For me, Fastrack is awesome.
My Ping in TotalPing.com