Blog Archive

Sunday, November 15, 2009

What's Your Signature Look?

Gwen Stefani's bold red lips, Taylor Swift's bouncy blonde ringlets, Posh's angled bob, and Megan Fox's long raven locks. Many celebrities are well-known for their signature style. It sort of becomes part of their fame persona.




I doubt many of us will ever forget the "Farrah" or "The Rachel." They are ingrained forever in pop culture.

Sometimes a celebrity's signature style- whether it is their hair, makeup or the way they dress, inspires me to try new things.

In the 7th grade, I even tried "The Rachel," which, unfortunately wasn't so great at the time, as I had not yet mastered the art of the blowout.


Nowadays, I'd have to say my "signature style" (makeup wise) are pink cheeks. I love pink blush, and wear it daily (sometimes I'll use a peachy-pink for a little variety). Blush gives a youthful and healthy vibrancy to the skin. I even love the look of SUPER pink blush, like Molly Simm's here:

Hair-wise, though my tresses have been through various transformations and transitional periods, my tried-and-true color is one that's been there all along: my natural color.

While I certainly don't have a full head of my natural color, it is what inspired my "signature" color.
I typically let my hair grow out for 4-6 months in between colorings, and then have foil highlights painted on that are a few shades lighter than my natural color. I also get some neutral brown low lights (close to my natural color) painted into my hair, free-hand.

After years of being blonde, dark, and in between, I've finally found a look I am consistently happy with. It certainly isn't interesting, bold or original...but it is something that works, and is flattering.


I always found that as a blonde and darker brunette, I had to "get used to it" and change my makeup to make my skin look the way it should. Trying different looks is fun...but in the end, I like lower-maintenance color.


I guess I'm always happiest with a certain "look." I fear change, because I worry it won't be "for the better." I've definitely been more daring with makeup lately- I even started to wear eyeshawdow during the day (don't get too excited, I typically only use a shimmery champagne color on my lid, but it's a start!)


Do you have a signature look, or are you always switching it up? What do you change the most about your look? your hair, makeup or fashion/style? Please let me know in the comments below.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

xoxo,

Veronika.
My Ping in TotalPing.com